Here is my attempt at reaching 1000 moments.
1000 ways He loves.
1. warm, clammy arms from her sleeping newborn body
2. fresh out of womb smells on her head
3. feather-soft baby skin beneath my lips
4. music that ignites my heart
5. tears over the phone has weakness is revealed by a friend and Strength is called upon.
6. his sweet vocals exclaiming “dooooog!”
7. bright blue eyes flashing behind slow eyelash-covered blinks
8. the way he holds his sippy cup
9. and how he claps for a job well done
10. just woken up cuddles on the couch
11. a chubby finger pointed to the closed door when he hears her awake
12. dance party in the kitchen
13. the way he dances: right foot stomping, hands clapping, big smile on his face, & “dee, dee, dee” exuding his lips
14. warmer weather after a cold winter
15. attics to escape to in order to hear God
16. the rainbow-like way our diapers fell out of the dryer.
17. little boy hands sweeping hair over my eyes playfully
18. cuddling on the couch in between fits of giggles
19. swaddled newborn’s heaviness leaning on my chest
20. the sweet sigh from a full little tummy
21. release of gas, relaxing in peace
22. Dove chocolates… by myself
23. cold ice water running down my throat.